Today it is all about the fan. A simple yet wonderful creation- I honestly don’t know how anyone could ever have lived without one.
So I began to research and found some interesting facts and thought, I know, I will share some of them with my wonderful Good Sensers. They are below:
- Archaeological ruins show that fans were used as far back as Ancient Greece!
- Christian Europe’s earliest dated fan was one used for ceremonial purposes which dates to the 6th Century.
- Because of the Edict of Nantes in the 17th Century a lot of skilled fan-makers were expelled from France and so fans became more popular in other European countries.
- In Japan fans were traditionally used as weapons and as props for dancing.
- During the Victorian era, fans were used as a means of flirtation. For example if a lady was to shut a fully opened fan slowly it was taken as a sign of agreement to marriage!
So there you go!
If you need a fan don’t forget to go to our website:
And look at the various range that we have, from desktop to standing and high velocity!